The Ashtanga Yoga Confluence is over, but the stream of knowledge and inspiration from this first-of-its-kind gathering doesn’t have to end for any of us.
Here’s a list of Confluence-related resources, which I’ve divided into various categories. Perhaps the most important list below is the one for workshops offered by the Confluence teachers. Nothing beats being in the same room to feel the radiance of these deeply devoted teachers.
==Blog posts specifically about the Confluence by the teachers==
- Tuesday, February 28th (a post just before the start of the gathering)
- Tuesday, March 6th (a post just after the end of the gathering). I love that in this post, Tim Miller notes how he once asked Guruji what he thought about western students’ pronunciation of Sanskrit. Guruji said simply, “Eddie’s is correct.”
==Keeping up with the Confluence teachers’ writings==
- Last year, I created the Ashtanga Yoga + Social Media Grid, which includes several of the Confluence teachers. Follow them on Twitter, via their newsletters, etc. So check that out if you haven’t yet, and get your social media on.
- Tim Miller’s blog
- Eddie Stern’s blog
- Read Richard Freeman’s book, The Mirror of Yoga
==Blog posts and blog series by Ashtanga practitioners==
- The single best hub of Confluence-related posts can be found at The Confluence Countdown. I would keep checking here, because Steve and Bobbie add new links as they come across them. (And can I just say again how excited I was to get to meet Bobbie and Steve in person at the Confluence? Hopefully we’ll have more time to actually hang out and chat one of these days.)
- Ashtanga Yoga Gainsville
- Bird in the Tree
- Heidi Schubert
- Serene Flavorful’s posts
- Wandering MB
==Photos from the Confluence==
- Michelle Haymoz, a student of Tim Miller’s, took stunning photos of the Confluence opening puja ceremony. See them here.
- Lena Gardelli, the official photographer of the event, has started to post albums on her Facebook page. Take a look.
==Keep learning from the Confluence teachers==
- Richard’s workshops around the world
- Richard’s intensives in Boulder, Colo.
- Richard’s online pranayama class
- Richard’s archived studio talks
I’ll be adding to this as I come across new links. Tell me what I’ve missed by leaving a comment below. And, last but not least — happy practicing!
>>In this series:
- Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: Guided primary series with Nancy Gilgoff
- [VIDEO] Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: What about this whole enlightenment business?
- [VIDEO] Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: The making of the ‘confluence’ theme
- Not discussed (thankfully!) at the Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: Vanity Fair’s profile on the Ashtanga Yoga/Jois Yoga tension
- [VIDEO] Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: Eddie Stern suggests a high-stakes Vedic debate with ‘The Science of Yoga’ author William Broad
- [VIDEO] Ashtanga Yoga Conference: Last day (first set?)
- Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: Backbending, and getting back together
- Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: How inhaling and exhaling can wring us out
- Ashtanga Yoga Confluence: Thinking of Ashtanga as ‘pranayama for restless people’
- The Ashtanga Yoga Confluence kickoff, plus my class schedule for the weekend
- T-minus 60 minutes until the start of the debut Ashtanga Yoga Confluence — now, how do we stay digitally connected?
© YogaRose.net and Rose Tantraphol, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to YogaRose.net with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.